Monday, June 13, 2011

making a plan to reduce procrastination

Yilin from group B
What is your extension class? My class is fundamentals of Construction Costs, Estimating and Budgeting. It’s so hard because there are so many vocabularies I don’t know, like strikes, concrete, and carpenters. Also, the unit here use is totally different from my country. So I always feel dizzy having that class. And the final is hard to pass too… if I knew how difficult it is, I would have not chose it. So how about you guys? Did you have fun having extension class or you are same with me struggling with it?
But, I can think of this in another aspect. Maybe the class is not that hard as I aspect, and the reason I think it is hard is I will not study them until the last minute. This is really not a good habit. Technically, this called procrastination. Procrastination is a popular word for many people are struggling with it and trying to get rid of it. Procrastination will reduce our efficiency and delay the work. More important, it will lack our willpower and confidence.
In my opinion, the best way to reduce procrastination is to make a daily schedule. It is really helpful to plan our daily life in perfect order. No matter how many assignments you need to finish, like what to do, when to meet, and which movie to watch, you can write these plans down, and elide each assignment after finishing it. There are several notes while making plans. To summarize, I make a few points below:
1. Tell yourself your mental of study is very important, so be ready to study before actually planning on it.
2. Do not complete plans because in order to finish your schedule.
3. Do not fill your schedule full of assignments. This will reduce the efficiency of your study and also make you easily to get tired.
4. Properly entertainment is necessary.
This is a way to make short-term plan. I hope you enjoy your study and good luck~

No comments:

Post a Comment