Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Enjoyable baseball game.

by Jenny


Last Friday, after classes, I went Anaheim stadium with my friends. We saw baseball game. Anaheim angels was the team which is local team in here. They played with Cleveland indians. It was so interesting!!
Before I came to USA, my father said, "While you are staying USA, you should see baseball game in the stadium". Baseball is very famous in USA, and there are many good teams which are also popular in Korea. In addition, some Korean baseball players are playing in USA team. One of them is Choo whose team is Cleveland indians. When I was in Korea, I watched TV show about him. He is very kind and hard-working. He is always playing eagerly. These days, in this season, he is very good at playing and makes many hits. So when I looked into game schedule of Anaheim angels, I wanted to see game with Cleveland indians. I wanted to see him. Fortunately, Cleveland indians was coming last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We decided to go there on Friday, because they have fireworks every Friday.
I was really expecting about game during last weekdays. However, suddenly, I heard some news about Choo. He drunk and drove his car. I was so surprised, for I thought he was very good player. At first time, I was disappointed, but I thought he was so happy, because his team is making a good score in this season. That's because he made a mistake. In spite of this reason, I wanted to see his play, and I was worried that he would be absent in the game on Friday. 
When I got to stadium, it was amazing! Stadium is really big. It is quadruple than my city's stadium. We ate hotdog and drinks for dinner. We sat in the highest seat, but the end of game, we could sit in 1st floor which is close to a field.
In this game, Choo didn't make any hits, but he could throw a ball like a blaze. I could see him very close in person after baseball game was over. I and my friends called his name, but he didn’t look at us. (I guess I could hear that.) However, I was very happy to see him, and the game was very interesting. I want to go there again. If you have not been there, you should go.

2 comments:

  1. hi, Jenny!!! truly, i have never seen the baseball game at the stadium and even on TV. However,i read a lot about sport news where the events of baseball game take place! I really amused people who like this king of sport game; furthermore, understand the difficult rules of it. I have never understand the strange strategy of how to play this game. Nowadays, baseball is one of the most widespread sport games which gives big profits.
    by Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were so lucky to see a famous Korean baseball player really closely. I think you will never forget seeing him at the stadium! Baseball is really popular in Japan, too. In my country, there are not only famous pro baseball games but also armature baseball games, too. Especially I like high school guys domestic baseball game! It held twice a year. This game is so exciting, and it always make people move!
    I think watching a baseball game in the stadium is more fun than watching on TV! I agree with your father :)
    by satoko

    ReplyDelete