Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Famous Animal in Saudi Arabia

By: Alya

In my country, most people prefer to eat meat for main meal. The main source of meat is Camels or lamb. Camels are important animals in many parts of Saudi Arabia. People are variety of ways. These uses can be food, clothes, and rides. First of all, camels are important source of food. Camel meat is high in protein and low in fat. Another source or use of food from camel is milk. In my country, people drink camel's milk and also make cheese from it. On another hand, they use camel for clothes. We can use their wool to make clothes. People usually camel wool to make blankets, coats, and suits because it's warm in the winter. In addition, camel leather is used to make hats, boots, and ladies fashion.
          Finally, camels can provide us a ride for sport. Camel's rides are available all over the world, especially in Saudi Arabia. they are expensive, so the best camel in Saudi Arabia has about one million RS

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love lamb but I never tried CAMEL MEAT..!!I rode a Camel in desert when I was traveld India about 2years ago. It was really fun but they was so slow. I bought Camel leather shoes and a bracelet :) It's still nice I think the ,ether is very high quality..!
    Whatever I want to try the Camel meat someday.

    by Sunghee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Alya!I have not known that people in Saudi Arabia eat camels before I read your article. I was really shocked about this new fact for me.On the other hand, in my county people prefer to eat the HORSE meat, and it is very delicious!!! Nonetheless,the house meat is very expensive in comparing to lamb or chicken..Kazakh traditional food consists of this king of meat which gives unbelievable taste of meal!!then I came here,my friend asked me about meat in my country, and i said that we eat horses..She was surprised,but she said as a joke " you ride horses and then eat them"...It was very funny to hear this phrase...but after I realized that this is true... sometimes people very cruel to animals.. Some people said that human can eat everything... From time to time I understand this....(
    by Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I feel the same with Diana, I only know camels like to walk in the dry place before reading this. But I was also really shocked by Diana: do you eat horse meat in your country? I have never think of that. We just eat donkey meat maybe once or twice annal year. By the way, we sometimes eat dog meat. I know people in the U.S. do not eat it because dogs are friends of us. But we do eat them... I like to eat meat, but I also love animals. P.S: I like the camel in the picture and I like he/her feather very much, he/she looks so nice.By Yilin

    ReplyDelete